Once again, your BHCA is hosting a debate in our riding!
When: March 29, 2017
Location: Colonel By
Cafetorium GYMNASIUM (2381 Ogilvie Rd, Gloucester, ON K1J 7N4, Canada)
If you’d like to help:
There will also be a sign-up table at the debate.
There are currently 7 official candidates invited (listed at Elections Canada as of march 14, 2017):
- Nira Dookeran (confirmed attending)
- Mona Fortier (confirmed attending)
- Adrian Papara (confirmed attending)
- Emilie Taman (confirmed attending)
- John “The Engineer” Turmel (confirmed attending)
- Christina Wilson (invited)
- Damien Wilson (invited)
Submit your question(s) to them below:
Below are the rules:
Doors open at 6:00pm for membership sign-up. Debate starts at 7:00pm.
Format of the meeting:
- Welcome message and rules
- Candidates – 120 seconds introductory speech each
- Candidates – Pre-selected questions with 90 seconds per candidate each to respond.
- Candidates – 30 second follow-up after each candidate has answered
- Candidates – 60 seconds closing statements
- If there is remaining time between the end of these questions and 9:30pm, we will add in more pre-selected questions.
- The order will be determined at random by drawing numbers from a hat at the event immediately prior to the meeting.
Pre-selected questions will be chosen from among the submitted questions from the form below, as well as others that the BHCA executive choose.
Longer form format/rules:
- Between 6:00pm and 7:00pm the doors will be open for membership sign-ups, cover charges (for non-members), and seating.
- Between 6:30 and 7pm names will be drawn for the speaking order for the questions. This will also be the seating order.
- At 7pm the candidates will sit down at the front.
- The president of the BHCA will introduce the event, the moderator and the time-keeper.
- Each candidate will be given 120 seconds to introduce themselves in the order from the draw
- The first question will be asked, and the candidates will answer in the order from the draw, within 90 seconds
- After all candidates have answered the first question, they will each be given 30 seconds, in the order from the draw, to rebut or reply
- The second question will be asked, and the candidates will answer in the order from the draw starting from the second person, within 90 seconds
- After all candidates have answered the second question, they will each be given 30 seconds, in the order from the draw starting from the second person, to rebut or reply
- It will continue this way until 9:30pm (or 10:00pm if needed)
- Candidates will be given 60 seconds to give closing statements.
- No candidate will receive the questions ahead of the event.
- Candidates may hand out literature (and campaign) inside the school, except inside the
CafetoriumGYMNASIUM. We ask that no candidate campaign on the school grounds outside.
- No signs or banners are to be present in the