Once again, your BHCA is hosting a debate in our riding!
When: May 30, 2018
Debate starts: 7:00pm
Location: Colonel By Cafetorium (2381 Ogilvie Rd, Gloucester, ON K1J 7N4, Canada)
If you’d like to help:
There will also be a sign-up table at the debate.
NEW CANDIDATE ADDED!
Keegan Bennett – NOTA
Nathalie Des Rosiers – Liberal
Lyra Evans – NDP
Ken Lewis – Libertarian
David McGruer – Freedom Party of Ontario
Sheilagh McLean – Green
Fadi Nemr – PC
Submit your question(s) below:
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING QUESTIONS FOR THE DEBATE
Below are the rules:
Doors open at 6:00pm for membership sign-up. Debate starts at 7:00pm.
Format of the meeting:
- Welcome message and rules
- Candidates – 120 seconds introductory speech each
- Candidates – Pre-selected questions with 90 seconds per candidate each to respond.
- Candidates – 30 second follow-up after each candidate has answered
- Candidates – 60 seconds closing statements
- If there is remaining time between the end of these questions and 9:30pm, we will add in more pre-selected questions.
- The order will be determined at random by drawing numbers from a hat at the event immediately prior to the meeting.
- Everyone must be respectful of everyone else
Pre-selected questions will be chosen from among the submitted questions from the form below, as well as others that the BHCA executive choose.
Longer form format/rules:
- Between 6:00pm and 7:00pm the doors will be open for membership sign-ups, cover charges (for non-members), and seating.
- Between 6:30 and 7pm names will be drawn for the speaking order for the questions. This will also be the seating order.
- At 7pm the candidates will sit down at the front.
- The president of the BHCA will introduce the event, the moderator and the time-keeper.
- Each candidate will be given 120 seconds to introduce themselves in the order from the draw
- The first question will be asked, and the candidates will answer in the order from the draw, within 90 seconds
- After all candidates have answered the first question, they will each be given 30 seconds, in the order from the draw, to rebut or reply
- The second question will be asked, and the candidates will answer in the order from the draw starting from the second person, within 90 seconds
- After all candidates have answered the second question, they will each be given 30 seconds, in the order from the draw starting from the second person, to rebut or reply
- It will continue this way until 9:30pm (or 10:00pm if needed)
- Candidates will be given 60 seconds to give closing statements.
- No candidate will receive the questions ahead of the event.
- Candidates may hand out literature (and campaign) inside the school, except inside the Cafetorium. We ask that no candidate campaign on the school grounds outside.
- No signs or banners are to be present in the Cafetorium.
- Audience members and the general public may not : campaign, hang or hold signs, hand out literature, yell, harass, protest loudly, on school grounds, inside the school, and especially during the debate. The BHCA reserves the right to eject, from the debate audience or from the lead-up to the debate, anyone it deems disruptive or contravening Elections rules and laws.